If you’re applying for work or getting set for interviews, we’ve got 20 songs to boost your confidence, lift your mood and make you feel ready for anything!
Music has the power to improve your mood, motivation and concentration. It can also lessen feelings of stress, and frustration. Handy dandy for the stress that comes with filling in job applications and getting set for interviews.
Try these tracks for bulletproof confidence:
- Rule the World by Walk off the Earth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukigjUvwAR4 This Canadian track is a fab combination of beautiful lyrics and a powerful beat. It’ll give you the push you need to feel ready to step up to the job search challenge.
- Brave by Sara Bareilles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQsqBqxoR4 Find out how big your brave is by singing this in the shower at the start of a day of job hunting.
- Hall of Fame by The Script ft. will.i.am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk48xRzuNvA Go on, stand in the hall of fame, let the world know your name. At least start by writing your name on your job application form (putting random full stops in your name is optional).
- Better When I’m Dancing by Meghan Trainer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkCyfBibIbI Do a cheeky little salsa dance to this while you choose the perfect interview outfit (remember to clean your shoes).
- High Hopes by Panic! At the Disco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPXIgEAGe4U Trust me just the trombone intro alone on this will help you manifest destiny and light up your wildest dreams. Song trivia: it was composed in an outdoor hot tub. I say you complete that form wherever you do your best work.
- Eye of the Tiger by Survivor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4 Use this potent 80s song with caution and be sure not to play it on repeat.
- Stronger by Kelly Clarkson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn676-fLq7I It’s written about a dodgy ex but works well for horrid ex bosses too! They think they got the best of you and think they’ve had the last laugh? No, you’re going to get an amazing job with their competitor, a better salary and way more holiday entitlement – they even give you a day off for your birthday.
- Heroes by Måns Zelmerlöw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sGOwFVUU0I Not just for Eurovision, this track will also lift you to Hero status as a job applicant.
- Titanium by David Guetta ft. Sia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRfuAukYTKg Come on, they’ve given you a HUGE application form but you are made of titanium and refuse to fall.
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU Put a smile on your face with this cheery bop. It’s an oldie but still a goodie.
- Fight Song by Rachel Platten https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1VInw-SKc This is a take-back-your-life song. Whatever you are pushing through to hit that job application deadline, this song will help get you there.
- The Climb cover by Boyce Avenue (original by Miley Cyrus) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5YWN1EQuvQ A powerful acoustic version that acknowledges the struggles you are facing and the chances you are taking.
- I’m Still Standing by Elton John https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHwVBirqD2s That job application has left you done in but you have two more jobs to apply for. Come on, Elton’s got your back!
- Don’t You Worry ’bout a Thing by Stevie Wonder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxsBc5p-dPU Sometimes you just need a little Stevie to remind you not to worry.
- Happy Days by Pratt & McClain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BOEb4ZN_jw A quick jive around the kitchen to this is sure to perk you up and give you renewed energy to complete that pesky job application form.
- All Star by Smash Mouth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E Air guitar is optional as you listen to this one.
- Never Give Up by Sia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Ol3eprKiw Uncover your face and refuse to give up on hitting the deadline for that perfect job that you spotted 2 hours before the deadline.
- This Is Me by The Greatest Showman Cast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjxugyZCfuw Join in with this foot-stamping musical piece and sing at the top of your lungs “Look out cos here I come” while you get dressed for your interview (it may be on Zoom but don’t keep your PJ bottoms on. Sure, they won’t know but you will and deep down you know in PJs you won’t get the job. They are too much of a slob).
- Firework by Katy Perry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw If you feel like a plastic bag drifting through the wind rather than a confident job hunter with wonderful skills and talent, this song is for you.